11.17.2010

thank you, quakers, thank you.

.
so, after the break in you are probably thinking, "now what?" will she quit Peace Corps? will she change her site to another community? would she actually even consider staying in that same house? well, the answer to all of these questions is NO. Thanks for the Friends Theological College located in Kaimosi village I will be able to stay within my same community and continue my work with orphans. The college compound exists thanks to U.S. funding and provides (amoung many things) a 24 hour guard, bars on windows and doors, and efficient locks. Plus, my new place is HUGE.
.
my spacious new living room (and faux fireplace)



my spacious new bedroom.



my TOILET. (yeessssss...)


and (my favorite) my SHOWER.
.
It has been brought to my attention that this sub-community is known as a quaker group. Not knowing anything about them I decided to wikipedia-it-up... and I didn't find anything too weird. Only that they don't use titles like Mr. or Mrs. and i figure that's not too bad. Therefore, I would like to thank this religious society for everything they are providing me with.
.
thank you, quakers, thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Holy shit your house is awesome.

    I'm going to visit and stay with you. And maybe sleep on your giant gorgeous living room rug.

    Jealooouuuuus.

    ReplyDelete